Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Question about promotions and capturing warships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Dave
Powder Monkey

671 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject: Question about promotions and capturing warships Reply with quote

Does anyone know if capturing a nation's warships results in a time frame - perhaps a few months - when that nation won't promote you?

I'm aware of the general promotion system - happy/very happy as +1 or +2 (or -1 / -2 if you're attacking a nation's ships) - but I *think* that I've seen attacking a nation's warships has an impact even beyond that math. Seems like doing so created a time window during which the nation wouldn't promote me - even as I racked up more than enough overall favor points - followed by a big land grant when I finally did get promoted.

I know that some of the commenters here have in-depth knowledge of the game's mechanics/code, so thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this question.

P.S. - I'm aware of additional favor/disfavor with a specific governor. I think, though, that I've seen this delay happen with governors even when I haven't attacked warships near their city (as recorded in the Captain's log).
corsair91
Sailing Master

207270 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't recall any specific time period

This may be worth a look

FAQ/Strategy Guide by Sashanan
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7907
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: