Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Moding Help - Game Speed Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corsair91
Sailing Master

207581 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Moding Help - Game Speed Info Reply with quote

Moding Help - Game Speed

https://web.archive.org/web/20070905200605/http://www.addictedforums.com/index.php?showtopic=4100

Kiramin
Jul 22 2007

Hey everyone.

In a number of your mods you were able to affect the speed of ships. I am looking to do something similar: To create hot-keys to speed up and slow down all game-play on the map view.

You can make your ship move 1/2 speed, but time, and all other ships move at 1/2 speed also, or you could make them move at x2 speed, or x4. I'm not sure where I would put the max/min.

I'm just looking for info on what I need to change and where

-------------------------

x87bliss
Aug 20 2007

I found a memory address by accident that happens to be perfect for you. (The accident was I was looking for something different for myself, but found this and thought of your post). For patch 1.02, the address is 0x00727684 (the 0x just means that it's hex, in case you don't know). You can modify this address with a program like Cheat Engine or ArtMoney if you're familiar with that. Make sure you freeze it, since Pirates! always recalculates it depending on how close to shore you are, passing storm, etc...

200 is the value when close to shore, 350 is when you're further out at sea and moving faster. I set it to 100 and everything moved really slowly. I've tested this with sailing, not sure what effect it has while on (land/port/land bettle/sea battle). So you can play with it and see what happens. It seems it has no effect when you're close to ports, probably a different multiplier or hard coded for that.

Good luck to ya.

Last edited by corsair91 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: