Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

(Release) Pirates: Storm over Europe
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Reserved for Game MODS Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Parker

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject: Awesome mod! Reply with quote

I haven't tried this yet, but @themodelciizen, I can see your messages on YT but I cannot reply to them, but thanks for telling me about htis.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Loved your youtube vids playing the East Indies mod.

I may swap out the Jesuit Missions for universities this week, already took the cross out of the background. I suppose the abbott can work as a rector, given how involved the church was back then, unless there's a way we can get one of the governors to show up in the abbott's place (as a chancellor)? Pirate, have you done anything like that?

Maybe they're sending theology graduates instead of recent immigrants? Instead of a pirate amnesty, maybe Brother Paulo is sending a recent treatise that will result in amnesty?

And instead of the golden cross and holy relic, maybe the rutter graphics are rejigged into some kind of book.

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may to one more vod on the EITC mod, and then swap over to this new mod.
corsair91
Sailing Master

207445 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI

Matt Parker youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCetq4jFaaziBrtxi1uDJAzw

Matt Parker
Sid Meier's Pirates! East India Total CONVERSION MOD
Playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvnulPf1vQIU5bFRprOmPy2VbZWcl50bF
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, download link updated with a fun change to the old Jesuit Missions. The "useless items" mod is still applied so you still need special items to get the missions like Raymondo's location, but they're no longer the Golden Cross and Sacred Relic...
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope never done anything like that. I’m not a programmer I’m three cards shy of having a full deck but damn I can mod.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the Shroud of Turin and the Crown of Thorns as the Jesuit Items.
fleetp
Boatswain

36110 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themodelcitizen wrote:
Alright, download link updated with a fun change to the old Jesuit Missions. The "useless items" mod is still applied so you still need special items to get the missions like Raymondo's location, but they're no longer the Golden Cross and Sacred Relic...

Does this mean that 'special items' are needed to get the mission to take immigrants to cities?

Can I upload the mod to undertow dot club? I will give full credit to themodelcitizen, with support provided by jlangsdo.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
themodelcitizen wrote:

Does this mean that 'special items' are needed to get the mission to take immigrants to cities?

Can I upload the mod to undertow dot club? I will give full credit to themodelcitizen, with support provided by jlangsdo.

I would prefer if any external links were directly to this thread, or as an alternative my mediafire link, as I'm prone to little updates here and there, and minor bugfixes if anyone notices something. Otherwise that sounds good.

The "useless/special items" mod is on, same as last week, so the special items are needed to get support from the old missions/natives. Both have been changed to something new with new dialogue, so the special items being required doesn't seem as jarring compared to the OG game.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

University’s? Wouldn’t that sound even more fictional than Jesuit missions? Most universities would be located in cities where the education is needed not scattered along coastlines in heathen territory. Just my thoughts but yeah they can become go go bars or anything. Swapping items is a text and icon change and I’ve certainly done that before.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, I can always change it if I think of something better. "Christian monastery" or something could work. Although if they pop up in Spain, Britain or France it's somewhat plausible for an ancient university, even Cambridge and Oxford aren't in large cities
fleetp
Boatswain

36110 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themodelcitizen wrote:

I would prefer if any external links were directly to this thread, or as an alternative my mediafire link, as I'm prone to little updates here and there, and minor bugfixes if anyone notices something. Otherwise that sounds good.

The "useless/special items" mod is on, same as last week, so the special items are needed to get support from the old missions/natives. Both have been changed to something new with new dialogue, so the special items being required doesn't seem as jarring compared to the OG game.

Thanks! When I post at Undertow I'll link back to this thread.
Very respectfully,
fleetp
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if it he University isn’t located in a large city it’s still located In a decent location because it needs students or otherwise fold. Lots of small college towns here sometimes doubling the population during school season. England and the Dutch probably weren’t near as Catholic as the French, Portuguese and the Spaniards but really the Spanish spread Catholicism everywhere they went and it fits pretty much around the globe. That’s why I never felt it out of place in the East Indies, the Caribbean or just about anywhere else. England once banned all religions except Protestant Christianity but still they had Catholics and they certainly had them all around them. Now Europe being more or less settled during that time frame probably doesn’t make sense to have tribal indigenous people running around more or less naked and painted and probably didn’t have lots of missions either for teaching the savages the way of Christianity but islands probably had Churches if not missions so doesn’t look completely wrong. Much better than Universities you had to sail way out in the boonies to get too. Who would send their children to school in the boonies?
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Pirate-o-Pedia added to the download link. Like the original game, it contains hints on how to get the Universities (missions) and Barbary pirates (natives) to work with you. Unlike the original, those actually apply, thanks to the "useless items" mod...

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is ya a fireplace if ya want it.

https://ibb.co/yhg2pNG
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Reserved for Game MODS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum