Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

(Release) Pirates: Storm over Europe
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Reserved for Game MODS Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the water needs black or transparent or it’s just a painted scene. I’ll look at it tomorrow I didn’t pay any attention to that part I just worked on the scene itself. I took out some trees that didn’t blend in right etc
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it works in-game which is the main thing. Now I'm noticing little things, like the bananas at the merchant despite the fact that "the first recorded sale of bananas in England was in 1633" (ref), hahah do you have any merchant edits lying around that might fit? I think my East Indies one kept bananas but just added spices in the background. Actually just throwing one together with the existing graphics for tobacco leaves in there instead. EDIT: https://i.imgur.com/x9Xj30D.png

Last edited by themodelcitizen on Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope I never edited the fruit. Bananas were in the Caribbean by 327 BC but so it fits the Caribbean as long as it’s not a trade item because shipping was slow in those days. Most bananas were eating locally then.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s the logo on the crate with the tobacco in it?
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A merchant symbol I found, apparently they were common to mark out your goods from others. That one might have been Galway, looks generic enough. Not a secret mason rune or anything, don't worry, lol.

Does anyone have a link to the saved game editor? Or do you just change your saved game with a hex editor? Can you change settlement nationalities and into havens/Indian villages?

Just thinking of the possibilities with releasing an optional saved game where everything is in the right place - France's coast being largely French, the Barbary coast being covered with ports like Algiers and Tunis, top 10 pirates in their correct spot, etc...
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be one in Jinglangsdos mods. Hex is fine. I’ve never changed nationality’s in a saved game that I remember about. Should be doable same way you change England to France in the cities. I believe Pirates are 4 the Indians 5 and Jesuits 6 the settlements start down a couple slots after the last city so finding the cities should get you close enough to find the settlements too. Another thing I thought about doing but never took the time to do it is add them in executable. Get the location of the settlements villages etc you have now and try placing them the way you want in the executable. Might fry your pc but might not either.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was changing settlement nationalities with the trainer, eg. its annoying seeing English villages on the coast of France. This makes it even more realistic for ports like Jersey to be so isolated, while ports like Palma and Palermo would be constantly facing Barbary raids.

Instead I can probably just start a game, give myself the rutters with the Trainer and make note of what need changing, then take the special items away and make the edits to the saved game.

But as you say, a pre-game executable edit would be even better, maybe we should experiment with those empty slots under the city entries
corsair91
Sailing Master

207468 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Pirates Scripts sub-folder added by jlangsdo
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8utvz6nnqu2fick/AABoMb6sw_PWz38T87nWgcLda?dl=0

Perl script
savegame_editor.pl

(renamed text file, see comments in the script for further help)

Converts a savegame file to a readable and editable text file and back Perl Script

Original Release Thread

Working on a perl savegame editor (for Mac)
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6491

--------------------

https://strawberryperl.com/

Perl is a programming language suitable for writing simple scripts as well as complex applications — see https://www.perl.org.

Strawberry Perl is a perl environment for MS Windows containing all you need to run and develop perl applications. It is designed to be as close as possible to perl environment on UNIX systems.

It includes perl binaries, compiler (gcc) + related tools, all the external libraries (crypto, math, graphics, xml…), all the bundled database clients and all you expect from Strawberry Perl.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is about as good as I can get changing the totem into a Celtic Cross without altering the nif:

old/new

More of a gargoyle
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Iron work . Maybe a singing Angel with short wingspan if you paint it good. Might could use the treasure rock and paint a cross on it so you know it’s not treasure. That would require hex edit or the rock will use the default texture.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update before I take a holiday break.

Considering the feedback, and the fact that the Portuguese Restoration War raged until 1668 - so Spain at least had a claim to Lisbon and Porto in that era, even if not actual control - those cities are active as Spanish ports in 1660.

Last edited by themodelcitizen on Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful mod, just tried it out today, very addicting. One thing i saw is that some ships have pink flags?? And having a city with 1200 soldiers may be a bit much to sack, but the payroll curriers do net a cool 8000 in gold Smile
fleetp
Boatswain

36110 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
Beautiful mod, just tried it out today, very addicting. One thing i saw is that some ships have pink flags?? And having a city with 1200 soldiers may be a bit much to sack, but the payroll curriers do net a cool 8000 in gold Smile

If I remember correctly, pink is a default color when the game can't find the correct dds file (possibly the desired flag was mis-named or somehow corrupted.

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than being pink if something wasn’t renamed correctly then it would simply revert to the game’s fpk pack for the file. I would take a look at the custom folder and see what’s in it this is your ship flags. Perhaps one is missing or corrupted but the ship flags are in the fpk packs too. If the game draws ship flags exclusively from the customs then it’s probably a missing file.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fleetp and guest

I Liked the barbary pirates idea. Kind of wish there were more settlements, pirate havens and Jesuit missions but i guess you can't have it all. Same old game though, sad pirate
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Reserved for Game MODS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum