Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Happy New Year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:43 pm    Post subject: Happy New Year! Reply with quote

Sorry I don’t remember telling everybody Merry Christmas. Anyway I’m sorry and please have a safe and wonderful New Year. Please drink responsibly and the secret to New Year’s resolutions keeping is don’t have a back up plan because if you do that’s the plan that’s going to be used every single time.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Years Pirate! And everyone else too! The wife and I are off t9 a New years Square Dance. Here is hope I g for a prosperous and healthy 2023!
fleetp
Boatswain

36050 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spending a quiet evening here at home with the significant other. Just popped in to wish the gang a Happy New Year..
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy 2023 everyone! Of course, the REAL holiday is International Talk Like a Pirate Day
fleetp
Boatswain

36050 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themodelcitizen wrote:
Happy 2023 everyone! Of course, the REAL holiday is International Talk Like a Pirate Day

We here at Hooked on Pirates don;t need to wait until 19 September Smile
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a good mod for somebody. The language is already in the executable it just doesn't show up except once a year. If nothing else you could make the pc think it's September 19 but I'd get tired of that Kinda fast like
corsair91
Sailing Master

210827 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SM Pirates Sept 19 Gameplay Links included in this thread

Talk like a pirate day - 19 September
http://hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7778
fleetp
Boatswain

36050 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunar New Year celebration (year of the rabbit) began on 22 JAN 2023.
In Vietnam it's the year of the cat.

I am not an expert on these things, so I might have misstated something.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunar New Year or Tet in Vietnam is the year of the cat. China it's the Rabbit. Once up on a time it was also the rabbit in Vietnam as well and as to why the Vietnamese changed theirs to the cat is more or less unknown. There are many who think they know why and so many old folk tales and wild guesses going around but the only thing really known is the rabbit lost his spot to the cat in Vietnam.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a little late but i hope everyone is dealing with their winter blues well. a month and a half and we made it, its APRIL. Some people say winter loses it's fun after New years eve. For me it's more like the end of February, cold weather outside is best cured by playing pirate sims inside Sailor
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How dare you come in late like this! Oh my i'm just teasing glad to see ya hows it going. I just sent a fellow from the Netherlands a copy of the game from Abandonware and a couple of mods. I just helped him put a Dutch texture on a A-20. Made him a new panel then I thought he should like SMP because he could play for the Dutch since that's his country. He wanted to try so I sent it.
fleetp
Boatswain

36050 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
How dare you come in late like this! Oh my i'm just teasing glad to see ya hows it going. I just sent a fellow from the Netherlands a copy of the game from Abandonware and a couple of mods. I just helped him put a Dutch texture on a A-20. Made him a new panel then I thought he should like SMP because he could play for the Dutch since that's his country. He wanted to try so I sent it.

pirate, thank you for recruiting another person to the jolly band of buccaneers (fans of SMP).
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
Im a little late but i hope everyone is dealing with their winter blues well. a month and a half and we made it, its APRIL. Some people say winter loses it's fun after New years eve. For me it's more like the end of February, cold weather outside is best cured by playing pirate sims inside Sailor

The calendar says February is the shortest month, but it feels like the longest month. Christmas is long over, but it's still winter!

I've been sick for the last week and a half. I tested negative for Covid and don't have a fever, so it's probably just a cold, but it's very persistent!
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:

The calendar says February is the shortest month, but it feels like the longest month. Christmas is long over, but it's still winter!

I've been sick for the last week and a half. I tested negative for Covid and don't have a fever, so it's probably just a cold, but it's very persistent!

The calendar now says mid March Smile 2 more weeks and the northeast and mid Atlantic will be full of life. Hit that board walk before October comes around, summer doesn't last long up here
fleetp
Boatswain

36050 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked strawberries last week. Smile
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: