Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Dancing--using a laptop?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemini
Powder Monkey

160 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Dancing--using a laptop? Reply with quote

Hi all--

I read through the post on Dancing 101 and it was very helpful--but I still can't get any steps right. I am playing on a laptop, and I was wondering if any of you have any specific tips/ tricks for this? I really appreciate it! Smile
Billy Bones
Seaman

1817 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested a USB external keypad on my laptop, but it reacted to slow. I have tried an external PS2 keyboard and that seemed fine, even a wireless keyboard with a PS2 plug for the keyboard and a USB plug for the mouse seemed fine. My particular laptop (Sager) would not let me do the function thing to get a simulated numeric key pad using the right side fo the keyboard. I suggest you get a keyboard. Kind of a PIA if you are traveling, but it certainly makes the game easier and more fun to play.
BlueDEvil
Seaman

818 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pause the game to help you locate the key, so you are likely to fumble less. Using pause you cannot get perfect dance though, but you surely can get to kiss the hand. Eventually, you will see that the steps are pretty similar.

The easy step, the 4 step type, usually starts with it.

R,L,R,L
L,R,L,R
TL,TL,TL,TL
TR,TR,TR,TR

Slight harder 4 steps. Usually repeated.

R,TR,R,TR
L,TL,L,TL

I find this 3 step a bit quick. Usually repeated also.

F,TR,TR

The rest I post later when I gather enough info. This are the hardest steps, 5 or 6 step routine. like F,B,TR,TR,B,F.

I find that the 3, 5 or 6 steps only occur once in the dance routine. Have fun. Not sure if game difficulty changes it. This one is based on the easiest level.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My laptop lets me use the numpad under the Fn key, but numlock doesn't work, so I have to hold down the Fn key whenever I want to use the numkeys (which is practically at all times when playing).
BlueDEvil
Seaman

818 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that the numlock thingy have to be change before running the game or else may not work properly. I'm sure with the pause strategy, you should be able to do better.

Try edit this file in your save directory.

KeyMap.ini

Not sure if you can actually remap the keys. Looks possible from what I see in the file.
seedless grape
Powder Monkey

449 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also playing on a laptop. By remapping the keys (editing the keymap.ini file - see previous message) I've been using the little four-direction keypad for Up, Down, Left, Right, and using "z" and "x" for respectively left and right spins.
For the record, I've managed to woo many beautiful governor's daughters using this setup - so no excuses! Smile
FenrisUlven
Powder Monkey

24 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good tips if you use laptop is to use the Pause button often so you get time to move your mouse....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: