Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Favorite difficulty and skill?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject: Favorite difficulty and skill? Reply with quote

I see that Adventurer and skill in fencing is my favorite. It still allows a fun game but challenging enough. I only thought journeyman allowed this but it was a bit too easy. Not choosing skill at fencing though while playing adventurer is a death sentence. Sword fighting merchantman captains was too difficult for me. And let me tell you dancing is alot harder, those girls can move! No more daydreaming or asking myself how late am i willing to stay up playing this game, got to stay focused on those broads

A post meant for 2005, but im doing it anyway. What is everyone's perfect equilibrium while playing SMP?
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swashbuckler. Belly up to the bar and teach the Devil how to hold his liquor. Pirates life was harder than any level of this game. Swashbuckler and that new Ballroom mod I just released. you either dance or sight see and you gonna wanna sight see so forgot that pistol or whatever the gift be after the dance.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but i just enjoy a sandbox game. A game thats relaxing, not stress enducing. Capture ships, plunder cities etc go on my red cross missions carrying immigrants to cities and so on. I just like winning and that's what i do Wink
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya gotta dance with the devil in his own backyard if you want to become a pirate
fleetp
Boatswain

36090 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a real pirate. I play as an apprentice with fencing as my skill. I also use the trainer to stay forever young, make all daughters beautiful, and have the crew always happy. Smile
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just messing with everybody. You should play the game the way you enjoy it. About midway down adventure mode or the one above swashbuckler Rogue I believe is where i normally play I found Journeyman and and apprentice a bit to boring. Swashbuckler is a bit to hard for my skill level but i mod more than i play so I'm still a rookie not a die hard gamer.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
I'm not much of a real pirate. I play as an apprentice with fencing as my skill. I also use the trainer to stay forever young, make all daughters beautiful, and have the crew always happy. Smile

That's pirate paradise, especially forever young. I keep saying this but i wish gold values could be rounded up, and have merchants have more gold to buy your goods. I miss sacking panama for 110,000 gold or taking a merchantman for 3500 gold back in the pirates gold! days of 1993

Speaking of merchantman, they said in pirates gold that captured merchantman where historically converted to pirate ships. Has anyone tried that with SMP?
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, out of curiosity I tried fighting with the merchant ships. Last time I accidently sold my frigate instead of the Dutch Fluyt. Ships like these wouldn't be ideal for pirating. They were steady and slow made to sell with fewer crewman and haul large amounts of goods. Now a lot of trade ships were also designed for fighting often the could be frigats etc. Blackbeard's Quenn Ann's Revenge, Black Sams Wydah Galley were Slave ships
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've played SMP, but, like Pirate, I normally play at Rogue. The toughest swordfights are sufficient to get my adrenalin running and keep me focused, but I can always score 126 eventually. I usually take Wit & Charm as my skill - it helps with the terpsichory and it gets me earlier access to Attractive and Beautiful daughters.

On the rare occasion when I play at Swashbuckler, I take Fencing as my skill because that's the only way I can beat Monty or the English CoG.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take skill at medicine if sword fighting was easier at adventurer level. One swordfight with a merchantman captain and i had to restart my game and take skill at fencing. again, nothing too hard
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn if I played the game as much as u do I'd smack Monty's ass off the ship in Swashbuckler mod every single time. I'm neither good or bad at the game but considering I rarely just play it except if I'm doing a mod and testing it I never play the game.
Flushhdraw
Powder Monkey

205 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm the worst pirate in the world, but that's also because I have some very strict rules that I follow that I created to make the game more challenging but for me it's swashbuckler and fencing
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14653 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flushhdraw wrote:
Well, I'm the worst pirate in the world, but that's also because I have some very strict rules that I follow that I created to make the game more challenging but for me it's swashbuckler and fencing

Oh yeah? Go on? Swashbuckler and navigation lately for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: