Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Divorce?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemini
Powder Monkey

160 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Divorce? Reply with quote

I've seen a few questions on this, but I haven't seen any definitive answers...is there any way to get a divorce? I just started playing this yesterday (was up until 4 a.m., darn addicting game!) and I didn't realize the romance rating was capped at 9 for an attractive daughter. I married the attractive Spanish daughter, but now I wish I had married the beatiful French one. Is there any way to do this?
Captain Dick
Powder Monkey

313 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm stuck with the same problem. the only solution i can come up with is blowing up the ship, she's on while kidnapped. missed my chance, though and saved her instead.

i also think the beautiful ones not only give you 10/10, but also provide better information and map pieces than the less attractive ones. can someone confirm this?
The Aberdonian
Cutthroat

9958 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless your name is Henry VIII that time it was as good as impossible to divorce from your wife. even then it was nothing you just do "while you are in town anyway".
possible maybe if you can prove your wife is a witch or prove heresy. and then the church was very picky if you wanted to remarry. you have to find a better argument than: i prefer a 10/10 wife to a 9/10 wife.

in england you can divorce for 'irretrievable breakdown' since 1969. not sure about other countries...

The Aberdonian
The Aberdonian
Cutthroat

9958 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Dick wrote:
i'm stuck with the same problem. the only solution i can come up with is blowing up the ship, she's on while kidnapped. missed my chance, though and saved her instead.

then you have not married her yet. you still get the chance to say "no". if you check the world map you will find little hearts in all cities where you have danced with a lady. the picture on your scorecard shows only the one with best chances.

The Aberdonian
Billy Bones
Seaman

1817 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if you marry, then attack the town and give it to another empire?
Microwavegerbil
Seaman

3502 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then your wife changes appearance, but nothing else. Razz
BlueDEvil
Seaman

818 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can attack a city with your wife in it. You cannot even increase wealth or population. AI can, I believe.
The Aberdonian
Cutthroat

9958 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would look a little bit odd if you raid the houses of your stepparents and your wife (i.e. take the rubin ring back for another lady). i think they start disliking you then. on the other hand - every relationship has its ups and downs...

The Aberdonian
Dutch Junkie
Powder Monkey

73 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Dick wrote:

i also think the beautiful ones not only give you 10/10, but also provide better information and map pieces than the less attractive ones. can someone confirm this?

I can confirm this one!

In fact, on swashbuckler level, when I danced perfectly with an attractive daughter, I didnt always get the cut-scene I wanted at the end (lots of times I just kissed her hand).

I´m not really sure, but I believe that I only got parts for the maps of the "lost cities quest" from beautiful daughters.
And when i found all 4 lost cities I still had 2 missing beauties in my chambers. But besides some fun for the lonely nights at sea, they both didnt give anything anymore when I returned them to their daddies. Crying or Very sad Mad Evil or Very Mad
AndersSchm
Swabbie

307 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutch Junkie wrote:

In fact, on swashbuckler level, when I danced perfectly with an attractive daughter, I didnt always get the cut-scene I wanted at the end (lots of times I just kissed her hand).

I am curious how this works. I have danced 100% accurate with some flourishes and I just kiss her hand! I am married but since being married I have gotten the romantic end to the dance before when I have danced well. Do you need to do lots of flourishes so the heart fills the whole screen?
BlueDEvil
Seaman

818 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only get a lost city map if

1) you don't have a complete one
2) romance rating for that daughter is already 4 (4 hearts on the map)
3) a good dance is all you need

Go back to the same one and keep getting the map, but you are likelyhood to be send on a mission by the father. But of course, on different difficulty level might be different.

After executing a dance step, 3 scenarios can happen

1) you stumble
2) you dance normally
3) you dance exquisitely

I guess it has a lot to do with the timing. Just pressing the right key is just sufficient for you to dance normally. Perfect dance is not about pressing the right key, you must press it at the right moment. Still have not get the hang of it yet.
jerkwater
Powder Monkey

209 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dance flourishes occur when you strike the key in time with the music. The key is to follow the tempo. Most of the dance music is in 3 beats, so it's ONE two three ONE two three (sometimes it is 4 beats, or ONE two three four...). You need to hit the key on the ONE. Once you are able to follow the tempo, I like to bob my head with the music while I am playing. Then you just coordinate the striking of the key with the head bob on ONE.

In my most recent game, I'm forcing myself to dance with anyone who offers, and I can tell you, it gets a lot easier with time. I'm to the point now of constantly perfect dancing, with flourishes on about 75% of the moves.

And the items/info you pick up is a nice bonus as well.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: