Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Dukes do no wrong?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knowltok
Powder Monkey

1038 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Dukes do no wrong? Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm that Dukes cannot piss off their host nation enough to be able to attack from the sea?

I got spanish duke early, and it has made sacking cities harder as now I have to land and walk.
Gunn
Powder Monkey

394 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes some beating, before they realize you are a scumbag.. And sometimes that even seems to be localized. If you get the bounty "rumour" from a tavern they should be hostile towards you. Do mind, that given a substantial force, most weak towns let you enter port without a fight regardless of standings. Anchor near the city and attack it by land, if that is not possible you can press Space for shooting at the town. This will make the city more poor though.

It took me sacking 8 cities and around 15 ships before the english put a bounty on my head, when I turned on them.. Darn idiots have still to send some Ships of the Line against me Sad
mkk
Powder Monkey

187 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you sail close to a town you wish to invade, press SPACE to fire at its fort. Keep firing a while until the fort fires back and/or some pirate hunter vessels come out of its port, then you can sail in to invade the town. It may take a lot of bombarding sometimes.
knowltok
Powder Monkey

1038 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I guess I haven't been patient (mean) enough to them. Smile
Kiffer
Swabbie

62 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually what i do is wait at the port for a bit until any ship of the same nationality as the port comes out, and i attack that ship very close to the port. Doesn't matter if the ship gets gets away... the port doesn't like seeing their own ships being attacked in front of them and will start firing at you.
BlueDEvil
Seaman

818 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiffer wrote:
Usually what i do is wait at the port for a bit until any ship of the same nationality as the port comes out, and i attack that ship very close to the port. Doesn't matter if the ship gets gets away... the port doesn't like seeing their own ships being attacked in front of them and will start firing at you.

I'm sure this is just speculation. You can attack their ships in the middle of nowhere and they somehow know you did it even there is no witness around.
Kiffer
Swabbie

62 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... it seems to me that when i attack a, say, Spanish ship elsewhere, versus a Spanish ship in the immediate vicinity of a Spanish port, the chnces of the port being hostile to me is higher if i do it in the immediate vicinity. Mybe it's just a fluke, who knows, but that's what i do when i want to attack a port and find it not hostile yet.
BlueDEvil
Seaman

818 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try anchoring nearby and walk. You get that attack option as well without pissing them off too much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: