Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Dancing difficulty....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Dancing difficulty.... Reply with quote

I have noticed that the difficulty of dancing with the governors daughters seems to be different depending on nationality, your rank with that nation and of course the daughters attractiveness.
Am I all wrong in my observations ??? I'm afraid I haven't made a proper scientific research on it, just my observations this far... especially the rank thing, which I have tried out with an attractive french daughter.
fossaman
Gunner

3515 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it definitely depends on the things you mentioned. The rank thing is new with the patch, but I'm pretty sure that the difficulty differences with the attractiveness level were in place in the original.

Like my fossa? He's a pirate! Razz
Striker
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is that, after the patch, the hardest dances are sometimes with the plain daughters.
Mycroft Stanyer
Seaman

2709 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unpatched, but one thing I noticed was that at the lower difficulties I could not get the cleavage shot response after any dances. At Apprentice, I never did, and at Journeyman I got it only once, despite how many flourishes I attained.

Then I moved on to Adventurer, and I end up dipping the girl with reliability and frequency. I even attained a piece of the Lost City map from one that I was dancing with for the first time (not even hitched at the time).

And by the by, that map opened the Lost City quest rather early in the pirate's career, before he ever found his first relative nor crossed swords with Montalban (though he was aware of his presence thanks to earlier "cleavage shot" endings with another girl). And whoever "lost" that particular city didn't work very hard at the task, considering I easily found it on the coast within spittin' distance of Villa Hermosa.
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spain's daughter's clothing mixes with the background, and the floor!
Mycroft, you've been practicing. Maybe you just got better as you went along. Some things can't be helped!

I strongly suggest pressing the button on the beat and getting the little hearts...closer and closer she comes, which on ultra-close makes it a tad more difficult to see! If you get it on the beat, it seems your button press is pivoting the room.

I've got the sound turned down, and I play Grateful Dead tunes mixed with some Jefferson Airplane (love Gracie). This has a surrealism that must be seen to be believed. How in the WORLD I win her favors, I couldn't begin to say. Maybe it's luck...maybe I'm just a born Cassanova!

Ahem

All you mothers better lock-up your daughters!
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fossaman wrote:
Yes, it definitely depends on the things you mentioned. The rank thing is new with the patch, but I'm pretty sure that the difficulty differences with the attractiveness level were in place in the original.

I am actually playing a non-patched version, but mine is also the european version.... so maybe that is why I already have a feeling of the rank effect ???
Mycroft Stanyer
Seaman

2709 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airsaw wrote:
...Mycroft, you've been practicing. Maybe you just got better as you went along. Some things can't be helped!...

I think not. On Journeyman, I was playing a French privateer who really, really wanted to sweep the beautiful daughter of Tortuga off her feet before having any prospect at marrying her. I loaded and reloaded the first dance with her a few dozen times, gaining at times as many as five or six flourishes a dance. No go.

And then I go on Adventurer. Granted, there is one more difficult routine in Adventurer than there is in Journeyman, but in this case, I'm delivering only three or four flourishes in a dance, and I'm getting the A+ response at the end.
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's just plain weird!! Maybe rank has something to do with this ???
Crookshanks
Cutthroat

336 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed a difference in the difficulty of the dance depending on nationality, attractiveness, and difficulty-level of the game, but not so much with rank. I have not installed the patch, so I don't know what changes the patch brings about, but I haven't heard much favorable commentary on it, so I won't be installing it anytime soon.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with that one. In the patch version, the most difficult dance of all is as a Captain with a Plain Daughter. Why? Because you are only a Captain. The patch version is very rank sensitive. The higher your rank the easier the dance. Once you reach Duke, it is like having a pair of Calfskin boots on. Having the real boots and especially the slippers makes dancing much easier.

I really believe the patch version has made dancing easier. Looks to me that you can have more stumbles and still get the hand kiss. No change in the embrace requirements, though.

I see no differences between the nations other than the decorations in the ballroom. If there are any, they would be coincidence.

Keep dancing!!,......Salty Very Happy
Crookshanks
Cutthroat

336 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it would be interesting to test, although difficult because there are a lot of variables to it, right down to the music. The music selection appears to be random to me, no matter what nationality, attractiveness, etc. A lot of it may just be perception with respect to nationality.
I find that I do well with the plain daughters most of the time (ie twirl her around and give her a kiss at the end) vs the beautiful daughters, which I'm able to twirl some of the time, but usually just give a kiss on the hand. I know the difficulty increases with the level you're playing on. Swashbuckler is holy smokes dancing - the music is different, the dances are different. I have not noticed a difference with rank, but again, I haven't installed the patch, so I really couldn't say - but will definitely pay more attention to, because now I'm curious... Smile
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have the feeling that the higher my rank, the more flourishes I get... maybe it's my head being messed up Razz
Ruslan the pirate
Powder Monkey

154 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that I get less flourishes with the attractive girls and more with the beautifull. The attractive girls are slow so when you need to push the "1" or "3" button, which is the best for flourishesh in my opinion, you miss the time when you have to push the button for flourish. The beautiful girls are much faster so you don't have to wait 2 seconds for their move (like with the attractie girls). By the way can you do more than 3 flourishes in a row? Cause I succeeded in only 3 in a row until now (when there are 3 small hearts near the big one).
And dimonds are forever.
(Alphaville)
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I've gotten the little hearts all around the big one, like 7 of them, plus, once, I got a double on the starter, making 8 total. I have heard, or say a screenie of someone with a full double ring of hearts..

So, yes you can get more than 3 in a row, just takes practice..

I personally hate losing all my little hearts at the end, simply because the music slows and stutters for the ending, and messes with the timing of the last movement...ARRrrrrrr.......

Have an Army Day
Bloodnose
Powder Monkey

176 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering something. The manual says to be good at dancing you have to press the appropriate key on the 'fourth-beat'. From my experience this seems to be true. Either the models or the music will adjust speed to stay in synch. That's a fancy bit of programming!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: